It’s National Star Wars Day! Star Wars wouldn’t be the international phenomenon that it is without some really great marketing! Here are 5 great takeaways from the franchise’s marketing strategy!
- Create a special day. Star Wars has May the 4th. Get creative in coming up with a day that can become synonymous with your company.
- Form partnerships with other brands and companies. It’s no secret that Star Wars mastered merchandising! Seek out a complimentary business to team up with. The results can be mutually beneficial! Combine forces…. (see what we did there?)
- Come up with a timeless slogan. “May the force be with you” is known around the world because of its connection with the Star Wars franchise. A good slogan is easy to remember and catchy. Creativity is key!
- Employ perfect timing. Give customers just enough information to build anticipation but leave them coming back for more. Release that information over the duration of time between the beginning of your hype campaign and the day of reveal.
- Use nostalgia to your advantage. If you can evoke feelings of nostalgia in your customers, they are more likely to engage with your business.
Provoke emotion. Star Wars does good vs. evil, but you could just as easily use emotions like happiness and joy. Whether it’s a post showing how your company gives back to the community or a post with the pets of employees, use those emotions to tie your customers to your product or service. This will keep them coming back time and time again.